Because the Samsung Galaxy Fold release was so hindered by mishaps, including resilience issues and a release date pushed back eight months in total. It wasn’t clear how many people would have an interest in the folding phone. However it appears a million individuals wanted to put down money to buy the device. That’s according to the president of Samsung Electronics Young Sohn,
Other Manufacturers joined in
It became clear that numerous telephone companies would be launching folding phones, there was a great deal of excitement.But a year of hold-ups, meant the phones were never ever launched. The bad press around the devices, indicated we weren’t too sure how the very first collapsible handset would land.
Are foldable phones the brand-new big thing?
Now that the Samsung Galaxy Fold is a success, things are looking brilliant for the Motorola Razr 2019, the second commonly available foldable phone. It costs less than the Fold, so when it becomes available in January 2020 it could be a slightly more cost effective option for people.
This sales figure is also a motivating sign for other producers that have confirmed they are working on such gadgets, like Xiaomi, TCL, Microsoft, Oppo and Vivo. Apple, Google, Sony and LG are all stated to have something in the works. The sales figure for the Fold might be encouragement for these business to carry on with these projects. Saying that, it’s still early days for collapsible phones, and we’ll need to see how popular the next few devices are. How well the Galaxy Fold does in the long run, will also affect development of similar models by other producers.
Samsung Galaxy Fold (5G) 512GB ROM / 12GB RAM SM-F907B 7.3 inch Factory Unlocked SIM-Free Android Smartphone (Space Silver)
- 7.3 inches, Dynamic AMOLED capacitive touchscreen.
- 16M colors, 1536 x 2152 pixels
- 4.6″ Cover display, Super AMOLED.
- 720 x 1680 pixels (21:9)
- Nano-SIM, Network Compatibility
- 512GB Storage, 12GB RAM, No Card slot
- Android 9.0 (Pie),
- Qalcomm SDM855 Snapdragon 855 (7 nm),
- Octa-core (1×2.84 GHz Kryo 485 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4×1.78 GHz Kryo 485), Adreno 640
- Triple Primary Camera :
- 12 MP, f/1.5-2.4, 27mm (wide),
- 12 MP, f/2.4, 52mm (telephoto),
- 16 MP, f/2.2, 12mm (ultrawide)
- LED flash, HDR, panorama
- Video 2160p@60fps, 1080p@60/240fps (gyro-EIS), 720p@960fps (gyro-EIS), HDR10
- Dual Front Camera :
- 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide),
- 8 MP, f/1.9
- Cover camera : 10 MP, f/2.2, 26mm (wide), 1.22µm, HDR,
- Video 2160p@30fps, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, dual-band,
- Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth v5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- USB 3.1 Type-C 1.0 reversible connector